With our X-ray departments growing ever busier, and with some staff moving on to other specialities, we're happy to say that 15 new recruits have joined the CRH and HRI radiology teams in recent weeks.
Director of Operations for Family and Specialist Services Rob Aitchison said "It's fantastic we've been able to secure a fabulous team of new colleagues across both sites. It will have a really positive impact on the existing care we deliver to our patients and we’d like to welcome them all to the team".
All our HRI recruits studied at Bradford University and also carried out placements at the Trust throughout their three years of studying. Here's what some of them told us:
- Abdul Waheed Hussain: "I'm really enjoying it so far, it's a really nice environment to work in. The team have been really supportive realising I'm still learning as I'm going along, and I've never been made to feel like just a student but always as part of a team."
- Carolyn Dobson: "I feel really lucky to have been offered the position, as this is such a nice place to work in."
- Sonia Bi: "Everyone has been really nice and really looked after me, and I'm happy to be working somewhere with such excellent patient care."
- Lauren James: "I qualified a year ago and decided to come back. It's all coming back to me and it really feels like coming home. Hopefully in time to come, I'm looking to get into forensic radiography."
- Aleena Ghani: "I'm really happy with my position, that's why I've chosen to stay after my placement. Everyone's really made me feel at ease, especially with big tasks such as working in theatre, staying with us until we felt comfortable. I'm looking forward to future opportunities, with the possibility to specialise in MRI in time to come."
The team at CRH mainly trained at other trusts - and all seem to be really well travelled:
- Viktor Tapuska is from Slovakia and has lived in Liverpool and Exeter!
- Stacey Porteus trained at CRH and always wanted to work here....and was so keen she even brought her best friend Sylvia Wadsworth with her....
- Sylvia hails from West Cumbria and spent time volunteering in a hospital in Tanzania.
- Amy Hunt-Brown trained in Hertfordshire and has played American football and netball at at a high level.
- Jessica Shaw, who comes from Huddersfield, trained at Bangor University.
- And...Charlotte Wilson was previously a ward clerk on the children's ward before training to be a radiographer. She recently got engaged in Thailand...many congrats Charlotte from all at CHFT Weekly
** Things in Radiology are a little different to how they used to be in the "olden days" - see below