All Band 7 colleagues and above, including consultants, are required to make an annual declaration on our new system during the appraisal season 1st April – 30 June.
Additionally all colleagues - (regardless of role) are required to tell us when they have been offerered gifts, hospitality and sponsorship, whether refused or accepted, over the value of £25.
It's a must-do from,, NHS England. See link below.
Colleagues eligible will receive a log in to the system called ‘MESDeclare’ and you are required to make either a nil declaration or declare in line with NHS England guidance.
Attached is a powerpoint explaining all the basics. In summary declarations need to be:
* for gifts, hospitality and sponsorship, whether refused or accepted, over the value of £25.
* for outside employment, patents and intellectual property, loyalty interests, sponsored events, donations,
* for clinical private practice
* made within 28 days of receipt
* there's also the option of a nil declaration
NHS England guidance can be found here: https://www.england.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/guidance-managing-conflicts-of-interest-nhs.pdf
There is a button on the right-hand side of the homepage of the intranet called Declarations of Interest, where you'll be taken to more information and a link to the system.