We've signed up to the The Armed Forces Covenant, recognsing the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families can bring to our Trust.
Like many other NHS Trusts we're committed to supporting the employment of those who have served and their spouses, and have signed a pledge to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant. Some of the actions we're committed to include:
- promoting that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation by including the Armed Forces Covenant logo on our job adverts and promotional materials
- seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old and working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment pathway for Service Leavers
- offering guaranteed interviews to veterans, young and old, if they meet the criteria laid out in a job advert
- striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners
- endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment through our flexible working policy
- seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible
See our pledge in full below.