It's a festive first at CHFT. Hurrah!
We're presenting a Advent Calendar Countdown starting with midwife manager Carol Sarr followed by a host of colleagues in all different roles. Every day will be a different colleague on screensavers and our social media posts.
In the meantime, did you know:
* The origin of Advent Calendars can be traced back to the 19th century when religious families would draw a chalk line every day in December up until Christmas Eve.
* The first known advent calendar made by hand in 1851. There are also Adventcandles, a candle for the 24 days of Christmas.
* The first printed advent calendar was published in 1908 in Germany.
* In World War II they stopped as cardboard became rationed
* They made a comeback in 1946.
* The first chocolate ones were sold in 1958.
That's the history bit.. now enjoy the rest.